The systems are ideal for tenant billing, water leak detection, and energy analytics. Across the country, 30,000 apartments have over 60,000 installed H2O Degree sub-metering products which support increased building efficiency, lowered utility costs, energy-saving Green Building initiatives and LEED certification programs. H2O Degree recently introduced a utility meter pulse counter with integrated LoRaWAN® radio that interfaces with a wide variety of water, electric, gas and BTU meters.
The integration of the LoRaWAN based sub-metering system with the expansive and secure MachineQ IoT platform provides a scalable enterprise-grade network for H2O Degree to expand its customer base. It relies on MachineQ’s interoperable, cost-effective and reliable wireless LoRaWAN™ IoT network platform to collect data that in turn supports its customers with H2O Degree’s robust cloud-based utility usage dashboards, sub-metering portal, water leak detection reports, and instantaneous alarms.
Specifications and Features
- Utility meter pulse counter integrates with LoRaWANT radio to interface water, electric, gas and BTU meters
- Features cloud-based utility usage dashboards, sub-metering portal, water leak detection reports, and instantaneous alarms
- Set transmit power levels vary between 1 milliwatt (.001 watt) and 100mW (0.1 watt) and adjust the power level up and down as the radio environment changes
- Systems run on replaceable industrial lithium batteries with a 5–7-year life, and can also be line-powered, eliminating the need for batteries
- Low-cost installation
- Scalable enterprise-grade network